Designed Test Level
Energy Absorbing Bolalrds (EAB’s) have an accepted NCHRP 350 Test Level 0+10km/h of 60km/hr
Spacing Requirements may vary depending on job specific requirements.
However, the supplier’s recommended spacing’s are as follows:
- 600mm spacing of the bollard post centres from the curbing (to ensure cyclist safety).
- 1400mm spacing between bollard post centres
The cartridge is collapsible and is designed to be replaced after impact.
- The cartridge is mounted in a permanent concrete footing 600mm diameter and a minimum of 1000mm deep.
- It is recommended that the bottom 300mm of concrete footing be 25MPa strength concrete.
- Minimum allowable strength is 20MPa concrete for remainder of footing.